How Your Criminal History Can Affect Your Injury Case, And How To Minimize The Impact

If you are gearing up for personal injury litigation, you should know that your criminal history can have a big impact on your civil case. Here are two ways in which this may occur: Some Crimes May Make the Jury Doubt Your Honesty Some crimes may make the jury doubt your account of the accident. In most cases, those are crimes that involve dishonesty on your part. For example, if you have been convicted of fraud, forgery, or perjury (lying under oath), the judge or jury may think that you are lying again. [Read More]

How To Protect Your Legal Rights During Divorce Mediation

If you have opted for a mediated divorce, don't assume that the mediator will protect your legal rights. The mediator won't do this because they aren't your attorney, and they can't analyze and assert your rights. As such, it is easy for your legal rights to suffer in a mediated divorce if you don't take the right measures. Use these three precautions to safeguard your legal rights during the process: [Read More]

Arrested? 5 Dos And Don'ts That Everyone Needs To Know

When you're arrested for a crime, especially if you're innocent, there are certain things you need to know. Most importantly, you need to know what to do and what not to do. Your actions determine whether or not your charges will be dropped. Here are five dos and don'ts that you must know: 1. Do contact a lawyer The very first thing you must do when you're arrested is to contact a criminal law attorney. [Read More]

Recognizing Elder Abuse And How Elder Law Attorneys Can Help

When you place your aging parents in an elderly care facility, you expect them to be treated with dignity, respect and care, regardless of their health problems. Checking over the care facility before you move Mom and Pop in is always the best preventive measure, but abusive nurses may be hired after your parents have been residing in the facility for awhile. Here is how you can recognize elder abuse and how elder law attorneys can help. [Read More]